Wondering where to buy Hop Plants? The Hop Shop offers several varieties of Hop plants for sale, for you to grow in your own garden or tub. ALL OUR HOP PLANTS ARE CERTIFIED DISEASE-FREE – an important consideration when buying hops which can be susceptible to soil-borne viruses.
Hops are perennial plants known for their hardiness and fast growth. Hops thrive in rich, moist soils, and have roots that reach deep into the ground. Its vigorous growth and deep roots enable Hops to survive adverse weather conditions, from long summer droughts to cold winter frosts.
The varieties of hops we offer for mail order are:
- Wye Challenger
- Prima Donna (Dwarf )
- Goldings – OUT OF STOCK UNTIL DEC 2020
- Cascade – OUT OF STOCK UNTIL DEC 2020
- Chinook – OUT OF STOCK UNTIL DEC 2020
- Golden Tassels (Dwarf) – OUT OF STOCK UNTIL DEC 2020
IF YOU REQUIRE A SPECIFIC VARIETY PLEASE RECORD THIS IN THE ORDER NOTES BOX AT THE CHECKOUT. This request will be recorded on the order but not on the Customer Confirmation email.
If you have no preference, we will dispatch the varieties that are available. If you have a smaller garden or plan on planting your hops in a large tub, we recommend that you buy a dwarf variety that grows only 3m per season.
When you buy hops from The Hop Shop, you will receive young hop setts or rhizomes which are bare rooted and must be planted immediately.
Uses of Hop Plants
- Looking beautiful in your garden! Twirling up a pergola or trellis
- Home- brewing – what could be more satisfying than growing your own hops and making your own pint as a result?!
- When steeped in hot water, they produce a healing tea that aids digestion, soothes your stomach and helps you sleep.
- You can cook and eat the young shoots and leaves, which are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, high in fibre and a healthy addition to your diet.
Hop plants in pots can be purchased direct from the shop from early December to mid May. Hop plants despatched by Mail Order are sent as bare-rooted setts for immediate planting from early December to early April, when ground conditions are favourable. If you’d like a reminder of when our Hop Plants are available, please sign-up to The Hopshop Newsletter.
Discounts apply for more than 12 plants so please contact us direct with your quantity request and delivery location.
Hop Plants can be despatched into the EU whist the UK is a member (NOT OUTSIDE). Please e-mail email@example.com with your total order requirements and delivery address. We will then respond with our pricing.
£7.50 standard UK mainland delivery per order