Join us for a Lavender Tour
Our Castle Farm Lavender is now harvested for 2019! Thank you to everyone who joined us on a Lavender Tour this summer, we have really enjoyed showing you all around and taking you behind the scenes of our spectacular purple view. This year’s Lavender Tours have now come to an end. Lavender Tours next year will start in late June 2020.
Come on a Lavender Tour and learn all about why we grow Lavender, what it is used for and how we harvest and extract the precious Oil. You will be led by your expert Castle Farm guide out into the fields and then be shown over to the distillery, plus will learn about what we do on Castle Farm throughout the year – not just in Lavender Season! For additional information on Lavender Season, click here.
This year, tickets for Lavender Tours on weekdays will be able to be booked online here, but weekend Lavender Tours will remain ‘book on arrival’ at the farm, when regular Tours will run throughout each day.
Lavender Tour 2019 prices:
- Weekday Tours include a glass of Castle Farm Apple Juice and a Lavender Shortbread biscuit. ADULTS: £8.50 per person, CHILDREN: 5-14 year olds £4.25, 0-4 year olds free. Online booking fee applies.
- Weekend Tours: There are no more weekend tours.
Lavender Tour information:
- Each tour takes approximately 1 hour 15 mins.
- There is a small amount of walking from the shop out to the fields, through the farmyard to the distillery and back to the shop (about 1/2 a mile in total, and some seating is provided at the stopping points).
- Tours take place in all weather – gazebos in the fields provide shade from the sun or shelter from the rain. We have never cancelled a tour due to rain (lavender is actually at its most aromatic when its raining!).
- Children are welcome – although the Tours are not aimed specifically at children, there is always plenty of interesting information for Lavender lovers of all ages (plus they can help us look for Rosemary Beetles in the rows!)
- Tours go on level or firm ground and there is not usually a problem taking wheelchairs or buggies along the short grass track at the edge of the lavender fields. You will be walking on grass, so please take care.
- Please note that dogs are not permitted on the tours.
Private Group Lavender Tours
If you wish to organise a Lavender Tour for a private group (Gardening Clubs, WI Groups etc.) then this can be done by speaking to Phil on 01959 523219 prices start from £130 per group. We welcome coach groups, and can provide limited coach parking.
The lavender season is short and very busy, so please contact us well in advance to avoid disappointment. Pre-booked group visits can be arranged on request to cover other aspects of the farm’s agricultural activities. Each tour lasts about 1 hour 15 mins, but group organisers usually allow two hours for a full visit to give members time to visit the shop.
COACH ACCESS. Coach drivers MUST contact us beforehand to check directions and access arrangements. Access for coaches is from Redmans Lane, via Castle Road, off the A225. The private access road leading directly off the A225 is not suitable for coaches. No coaches are permitted at weekends.
To book a group tour, call Phil (weekday office hours) on 01959 523219.
Talks on Farm Diversification & Lavender
Talks to local groups can be given on the subject of Kentish Lavender, hops, dried flowers and farm diversification. Please contact Caroline (weekday office hours) to discuss on 01959 523219.