We look forward to welcoming you to Castle Farm and our little slice of the Darenth Valley! Find us on Google Maps.
Our farm shop – The Hop Shop – is open daily all year round, filled to the brim with farm foods, seasonal fruit, cakes and treats, cards, gifts and decorations. The Lavender Season takes place from late June until the end of July.
Monday – Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 10am – 5pm
The Hop Shop overlooks the meadows of the River Darent and our farming policy
has ensured that the picturesque quality of the valley’s landscape has been retained. Lavender season takes place when the purple flowers bloom from late June until the end of July – find out more what happens in Lavender Season here.
Please note we are a busy working farm, so little visitors must be supervised at all times and dogs must be kept on leads. See what to expect in The Hop Shop here.
View on Google Maps. The farm is directly accessible off the A225 and only a few miles from the M25 Junction 4 (Orpington exit) and Junction 3 (Swanley exit) and the M20 Junction 1. Search for ‘The Hop Shop’ on Google Maps, or alternatively enter TN14 7UB. Sometimes, this postcode can take you to a gateway about 0.5 mile away from the farm – but follow the signs to The Hop Shop and you will find us!
The farm is about 1.5 miles from either Eynsford or Shoreham stations. There are no taxi ranks at the stations but a public footpath links the two villages, passing through the farm, and a bus service connects the stations. Taxis are available at Swanley, Sevenoaks or Orpington stations. A faster service runs from London Victoria to Otford station which is about 3 miles away. You can find train times through Trainline or National Rail Enquiries.
Taxi’s – Swantax 01322 662666, Cannon Cars 01689 822222, Sevenoaks Taxis 01732 456214, or Carol in Eynsford on 07759 759340.
Go Coach runs along the A225 linking Swanley via Farningham, Eynsford, Shoreham and Otford to Sevenoaks. A request stop is located at the top of our (steep) entrance drive. Go to www.go-coach.co.uk for information.
The farm is on the Darenth Valley Long Distance Footpath and is close to the Lullingstone Country Park and Visitor Centre where there are refreshments, car parking and toilet facilities.
We would love you to visit us and bring your family and friends but please note – we are a busy working farm, and access is to the shop only. Health and safety are of prime importance, so we need to have some sensible rules and would appreciate your co-operation;
– Visitors are restricted to the shop only and, in July, access to the Lavender fields and distillery are only possible in the company of a tour guide. In season, there is a Lavender viewing area with our Lavender bench for all visitors to enjoy.
– Please ensure little visitors are supervised at all times and dogs must be kept on leads.
– Car parking is limited and reserved for the use of customers while on the farm only. If you wish to go for a walk, please park at Lullingstone Visitor Centre which is just next door. During busy Lavender Season weekends, we charge car parking at £2 per car, and run a one-way system throughout the farm.
– Toilet facilities can be found at the Lullingstone Visitor Centre just next door to the farm – 300m down the road. Facilities on the farm are only provided for pre-booked tour groups, Christmas workshops and during the busiest part of the Lavender Season, when we hire portaloos for visitors.
– Refreshments such as ice creams, crisps, drinks and snacks are available in the farm shop but we do not have a cafe – however, in the Summer months we welcome our Coffee Cart for take away tea and barista made coffee.