Posted on 15th November 2018 by Lorna Roberts
There is only one thing better than receiving a Gift Hamper under the Christmas Tree…. and that is MAKING ONE! It’s like being a kid in a sweet shop, choosing all the contents and customising the perfect gift….
It sings love and thought… plus the best thing is that it can be completely tailored to budget, likes and use.
So here is The Hop Shop’s guide to putting together the best personalised Gift Hamper for 2018… come and visit us and make someone smile this festive season.
- The basket matters! Choose a basket / container which can be re-used – for example, a picnic hamper, or a simple wicker basket which can be used to hold hand towels in a guest bathroom once all the contents are unpacked.
- Choose your budget. Its easy to get carried away, but think of a budget and stick to it – you could make up a lovely hamper for under £10, or go all out to spoil someone special.
- Choose a theme. Hampers aren’t all about marmalade and shortbread. You can put anything in your hamper! The only important thing is to make sure the contents are personal and appropriate for the recipient. You could choose a Sleep themed hamper, for someone you know who needs to relax (complete with Sleepy Tea, Sleepy Balm and an eye mask), or maybe a kid’s hamper with mini chocolate santas, colouring sets, and a soft toy.
- Go Wild! Now the fun begins…. walk round choosing items you know will be well-received under the Christmas Tree!
- Arrange your items. Have a think about how you want your gift to look… place taller items at the back, and small items at the front and make sure the weight is balanced and they’re snugly packed so they don’t move… plus it’s nice to include something festive like a little Christmas ornament or tree decoration. Make sure you’ve taken off the price at the back!
- Little touches. Its nice to include something festive, like a little Christmas ornament or tree decoration.
- Gift wrap. You can wrap at home, or pass to us in the shop and we can gift wrap for £2 with cellophane, raffia, and paper filling to prop up all your items and show them off to their best!
- Pop under the tree… and make someone super happy on Christmas Day!
If you want more Christmas Gift inspiration, check out our Castle Farm Gift Guide 2018 – and see what the team chose to put under the Christmas tree this year.