THE DARENT- The history & stories of a river & its communities.
A fantastic local book by Rob Shelton.
- Over a thousand photos, illustrations and paintings
- The histories of all sixteen ancient villages and market towns
- Evidence of the earliest settlers to the region from the Stone Age to the Anglo-Saxons
- Thumbnail background on every home of interest
- Where the water mills were- what they did and how they worked
- Stunning wildlife photos- from butterflies to winter waders
- Features on each of the Darent’s medieval churches
- How paper was first made along the river
- World-changing inventions that made the river famous
Delivery and Shipping Information
£4.00 standard UK delivery charge