Posted on 5th August 2014 by Lorna Roberts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300ml good chicken stock
- 10 drops Lavender Essence or 1 tsp lavender flowers
- 10g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 level teaspoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh lavender flowers to garnish
Place the stock and lavender essence in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add the chicken breasts and return to boil and poach for 12-14 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a dish and keep warm while making the sauce.
Pour the stock into a jug. Melt the butter in the pan and soften the shallot gently for 3 minutes. Sprinkle on the flour and stir to mix. Gradually add the stock and stir while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and season to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with new potatoes and perhaps mange tout or sugar snap peas.