Alongside selling our own Castle Farm Beef, honey, pumpkins, apples, apple juice, teas and lavender foods, we also work closely with local farmers and food suppliers to offer our customers the best food with wonderful flavour!
Some of the local products that we are proud to offer include:
- Asparagus from Watts Farms
- Strawberries from Marion at Hugh Lowe Farms (they also supply the strawberries for Wimbledon!)
- Eggs from happy hens at Barrodale Farm
- Cakes and bread from Plaxtol bakery
- Cakes, Fruit Pies and Quiches from Sally’s Country Cakes
- Cherries from Doug Worley
- Lavender shortbread biscuits from Daizylake
- Delicious Kentish frozen ready meals from COOK
- Honey from Dan
- Chutneys and Jam from Wooden Spoon
- Tea from Blends for Friends
- Cheese and deli meats from Cheeseworks
- Meat Pies from Natural Farms
- Lavender Chocolates from Goupie
- Ice Cream from Willetts
- Crisps from Kent Crisps
Exact dates change according to weather, but generally the below is on offer:
- Strawberries: May – August
- Cherries: July
- Asparagus: End April – Mid June
- Lavender Honey: Autumn
- Sweetcorn: Early September
- Norfolk Royal and Cox Apples: Pick Your Own orchard open September – October (weather dependent). Ready picked in the shop through November.
- Kent Cobnuts: September
- Pumpkins: mid-September – December
- Fresh cut Lavender: on a daily basis from late June until early August. (Phone beforehand if you need a specific quantity set aside for you.)
- Lavender Plants: Early May – early August.
- Hop Plants: December – April
- Turkey, Gammons and Christmas meats: December – to order.
Out of Stockin Cooking with Lavender, Lavender Food & Teas